Create Your First Trip with the Odigo Trip Planner
- In: General
1. Add spots to your Wishlist
- Browse through Odigo's destination pages and articles for inspiration
- Search for spots that interest you using the search bar on the top menu
- Browse to the spot page
- Click “Add”
- Add the spot to an existing Trip's Wishlist, or create new one. The spot is saved in the Wishlist of the selected Trip.
2. Create your Trip itinerary
- Access the Trip Planner from Planner > My Trips
- Click the pencil icon on Trip card to edit
- Click the “Edit" icon on Day 1
- Items in your Wishlist are displayed in the Wishlist sidebar
- Add start hotel (option to start from airport coming soon)
- To add spots from your Wishlist, click the “+” icon next to the spot card
- Add a return hotel (if start has a hotel)
- If same hotel as start, click the “+” icon and select “Return to (start hotel name)”
- If staying at a new hotel, choose “Select new hotel”
- Click “Add Spot”
- Type in a spot name – you’ll be presented with results from the Odigo spots database and Google
- Click on a selection – the planner auto-fills the address field for you
- Give the spot a name by filling in the “Name” field
- If there are no relevant results, click "Add custom spot name and address" and manually fill in the “Name” and “Address” fields.
3. Hotel, Car Rental and Activity Suggestions
- Click the icons at the bottom of your Trip’s Day column for recommendations based on your itinerary.
- Click “Add” to add them to your itinerary.
4. Optimize route
When you’re done adding spots, it’s time to let the Trip Planner do its magic. Optimizing the day’s itinerary creates the most efficient route between spots, saving you time and effort.
- Click triple dot icon > “Optimize route”
- If you’d like to make changes to the optimized route, click the left side of the spot cards and drag to change their order.
5. Complete your itinerary
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 for each Day in your Trip. Add days by clicking the "+ Add day" button.
- Save your Trip itinerary by clicking the “Save and Export” button on the top right menu
- Back in the Itinerary overview page, confirm your Trip’s hotel, car rental and activity bookings by clicking each one and completing the check out process on their respective websites (e.g. hotels at Booking.com).
- Access your Trip overview page
- Click “Download”
- Select “Mobile PDF*” or “Guidebook**”
- Save the PDF to your computer or smartphone (iBooks on iOS and File Manager on Android)