Update Mar 27: This guide has been updated to reflect adjustments to the Follow points, which have been reduced from 100 to 10 points. The change ...Read more
How To Write a Great Odigo Article
Start at the beginning
- 7 Amazing Things to Eat in Harajuku Under $5
- 7 Amazing Things to Eat in Harajuku For Snackaoholics
- 7 Amazing Things to Eat in Harajuku You Never Knew Existed
Put it together
- Open up the main Articles page
- On the sidebar, click "Write an article"
- Enter the article headline
- Select a category
- Enter the relevant tags (keywords that people use to search for your articles – 2-5 tags is a good number)
- Upload a cover photo (you can skip this step and do it later)
- Enter the contents of your first draft
- Check that the dropdown menu says "Draft"
- Click "Submit"
- Google Maps
- Click the Instagram or Flickr embed button
- Paste in the source URL
- Save the article draft to see the results (Instagram videos not supported)
- Save the picture to your computer (1024x768 pixels or larger)
- Upload it to your article via the image button
- Click the caption field below the picture (the file name)
- Type "via" and paste in the source image's FULL URL, e.g.
- Save the article draft to see the results
Make it shine
- Run the text through a spell checker
- Avoid using kanji (Chinese characters) unless referring to signage – use the romanized version instead (e.g. Tokyo, not 東京)
- Ensure that paragraph breaks are properly spaced
- For long articles, use subheads
- Apply the “H2" tag on subheads to make them stand out
- Add links to relevant Odigo spot pages, articles and external websites
- To add a link, highlight the keywords in the article, click the link button in the editor toolbox, paste in the URL and click "Link"
Go for gold
Once you’re ready, select “Finished” from the dropdown menu and click “Submit”. Your article will be sent into the queue for approval, and if it meets our editorial requirements, it'll also be promoted to the main articles page and earn you 500 Odigold Points!
Spread the word
Now that you know how to write a great Odigo article, what are you waiting for? Start sharing your Japan experiences, help others and get rewarded today!
You might like
Welcome to the Odigo Trip Planner! Planning your dream trip to Japan is now easier than ever, with spot and hotel suggestions, auto-optimized route...Read more
Have you ever heard about the miniature calendar? Already some years ago the Japanese man Tatsuya Tanaka started making impressive miniature pictur...Read more
The First time I visited Japan, I thought I was completely prepared to make the most of my trip and to commemorate every single minute in this amaz...Read more
The thing about Japanese character goods is that you’ve probably seen the characters before but maybe only in passing, it’s especially hard to reme...Read more
Do Japanese People Know How Beautiful Their Country Is? International Team Creates a New Service for Tourists
This is a translated version of an article from Rikunabi Next Journal written by Yuko Wasabi.See the original Japanese version here - http://next.r...Read more