How To Write a Great Odigo Article
Start at the beginning
- 7 Amazing Things to Eat in Harajuku Under $5
- 7 Amazing Things to Eat in Harajuku For Snackaoholics
- 7 Amazing Things to Eat in Harajuku You Never Knew Existed
Put it together
- Open up the main Articles page
- On the sidebar, click "Write an article"
- Enter the article headline
- Select a category
- Enter the relevant tags (keywords that people use to search for your articles – 2-5 tags is a good number)
- Upload a cover photo (you can skip this step and do it later)
- Enter the contents of your first draft
- Check that the dropdown menu says "Draft"
- Click "Submit"
- Google Maps
- Click the Instagram or Flickr embed button
- Paste in the source URL
- Save the article draft to see the results (Instagram videos not supported)
- Save the picture to your computer (1024x768 pixels or larger)
- Upload it to your article via the image button
- Click the caption field below the picture (the file name)
- Type "via" and paste in the source image's FULL URL, e.g.
- Save the article draft to see the results
Make it shine
- Run the text through a spell checker
- Avoid using kanji (Chinese characters) unless referring to signage – use the romanized version instead (e.g. Tokyo, not 東京)
- Ensure that paragraph breaks are properly spaced
- For long articles, use subheads
- Apply the “H2" tag on subheads to make them stand out
- Add links to relevant Odigo spot pages, articles and external websites
- To add a link, highlight the keywords in the article, click the link button in the editor toolbox, paste in the URL and click "Link"
Go for gold
Once you’re ready, select “Finished” from the dropdown menu and click “Submit”. Your article will be sent into the queue for approval, and if it meets our editorial requirements, it'll also be promoted to the main articles page and earn you 500 Odigold Points!
Spread the word
Now that you know how to write a great Odigo article, what are you waiting for? Start sharing your Japan experiences, help others and get rewarded today!
Great Pet For Elderly Patients: Paro, the Therapeutic Robot
The world is not always rainbows and sunshine for everyone. There are many people who are suffering from chronic diseases and loneliness especially the elderly. Owning a pet helps one in getting comfort. But pets are difficult to maintain for aged people. So,
Why Tachikawa makes a great base for your Tokyo vacation
When you're looking at places to stay for your Tokyo vacation, you might be looking at spots deep in the heart of the city - the likes of Shibuya and Shinjuku spring to mind. However, there's a great place to stay within Tokyo Prefecture that will leave your w
Limousine Bus: Direct Service to Greater Tokyo
The first question people often ask upon arrival at Narita Airport is: how do we get into Tokyo from here? There are of course many options ranging from metros and JR train lines to buses depending on your time and budget. But if you’re someone who can’t be b