Hidden in the old town of Yanaka, this temple was founded in 1274. It is one of the remaining temples belonging to the Tendai sect of Buddhism. Historically, the temple was a stop over for the priest during his travel to Kamakura. Much of the temple's structure remains after the Japanese civil war, with an added statue of Kannon the Goddess of mercy. Today, the temple is located next to the Yanaka cemetery and overlooks Nippori Station.